Samsung Galaxy S3 is one of the best Android devices available in the market and it competes head to head with the Apple’s flagship smartphone iPhone in all almost all the aspects (in fact it exceeds in every aspect in all benchmark tests). Today we would like to discuss on a simple tutorial which talks on “How To Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S3?“
Restoring the Samsung Galaxy S3 device to factory default settings is pretty simple, but it is important to know what happens to your device before we actually start restoring the device to its original settings.
What Will Happen To Galaxy SIII When You Factory Reset it?
The most important thing to remember is the factory restore will erase all the data on your phone (which includes your own customization, contacts that were saved in phone memory, your personal data files, downloaded applications and application data), post factory reset the phone will work in the same way that it worked for the first time when you turn on your device and you need to start configuring it.
Note: Point to remember here, while restoring if you happen to choose erase data on your external storage (Memory Card) as well, all your data resting on your SD card will also be deleted and there won’t be any trace of applications/personal data on it.
Why Do You Want To Reset Your Device?
Before actually hard resetting (restoring the device to factory settings) please question yourself if you really need to do that as you the chances of loosing your data without proper back up will result in a heavy data loss which is practically not possible to restore.
Go ahead with your choice of hard reset only if one of the following cases matches your situation
- Wiping out your personal data before selling your device/returning it to manufacturer (very much recommended)
- When you notice that your phone is malfunctioned (not working properly), as resetting to factory defaults will help us in fixing many unknown errors that are raised while using your smart phone.
- And if you just don’t need any data on your phone and would like to wipe out everything and let it breathe fresh.
Things To Do Before You Factory Reset?
- Sync your contacts with Gmail to lower the loss of contact information.
- Backup every file, just to make sure that you are not letting out something.
- Make a list of apps that you wish to reinstall on your device, to make sure that you are not missing out some useful application which comes handy when you are in need.
Step By Step Instructions For Factory Reset of Samsung Galaxy S3?
- Click on Menu –> Settings Button
- Scroll down to find “Backup and Reset” option, click on that.
- Find for “Factory Data Reset”, notice the warning. Now click on “Reset Device” and then select “Delete All” option to finish your option of resetting the device to original factory settings.
Voila! You are with your selections and with in few minutes the phone will be up running fresh followed by reboot.
In case if you meet with any issues in resetting your device, please let us know about the same through the shout box below we would be very glad to help you out and try to discuss your issues. Don’t you agree that sharing & helping is caring?