Now or later everyone will feel that your mobile phone is loaded with loads of unwanted data and may choose to clear that off by removing the apps/data manually and few (lazy) smart people (like me!) would always love to choose the easiest way to wipe the data and it will be nothing other than choosing the “Factory Data Reset” for restoring your device to the factory build settings by wiping off all the data from the internal storage (yup, your data on external storage will be safe unless you format your SD card) along with all the manual settings you have done like date & time, configuring your Google account, system and application data and all other custom settings would be erased as well.
The device will be restarted after you select ‘Factory data reset’, your phone/tablet now behave like a brand new one (except for possible wear and tear’s), you just need to follow the onscreen instructions for configuring your device (exactly) like the way you have done for the first time.
Why You Would Like To Do A Factor Reset?
The possible reasons which tend you to choose reset the data to factory settings include:
- You may choose to sell your device, and clear off your personal data left over on the phone (just to make sure that the device carries none of your personal information)
- Unfortunately your device is stuck with problem and you wish to surrender/give/claim the device to manufacturer for your own reasons.
- Strange Behavior of the device, yeah lot of software related issues will get fixed if we reset the phone/tablet.
- As I said earlier, your are lazy enough (proud to be) to clear data individually.
Precaution: Things To Do Before You Do a Factory Reset
Follow these instructions carefully as they may come handy just in case if you end up with few issues.
- Backup..! Backup..! Backup..! Just backup every (important) file from your phone to external PC/Storage.
- Move all the paid apps (if any) to your external storage so that you won’t need to buy them again.
- Sync all your contacts with your Gmail account or install software PC suite and backup all your contact details.
- Make a list of the apps which you would like to install after you complete the “Factory Data Reset”.
How To Factory Data Reset Your Android Smart Phone?
For resetting the device to factory build settings and clear off the internal storage completely just follow these step by step instructions and know ‘How To Factory Reset your Android Phone/Tablet?’
- First to start with click on Menu –> Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Privacy Settings’ or few phones may also need to check in ‘SD & Phone Storage’.
- Now the last step, just tap on ‘Factory Data Reset’ and in the next screen click on ‘Reset Phone’ to complete the process (optionally you may also check ‘Format SD card’ for clearing off the data from external storage card).
Please note that it may take up to 5 to 10 minutes of time to complete the process of factory restore, post the restore you are now all set to configure your (new) device again.
We have taken care of each and every detail that you need to do for resetting the phone to factory data settings, but just in case if you face any difficulty in configuring these options please feel free to use the comments box below, we will glad to help you with the process.